- 1kg Anita's Organic All Purpose White Flour
- 2 3/4T (26g) instant yeast
- 1T (20g) salt
- 2tsp sugar
- 1T Dundarave Olive Company olive oil
- 3 cups of warm tap water
- Toppings of choice: tomato sauce, bbq sauce, mozzarella, meats, vegetables
- Add flour, yeast, salt and sugar to a clean work surface.
- Add warm water little by little and knead dough for 10-15 minutes until all water has been absorbed and the dough feels slightly sticky or tacky.
- Add olive oil and keep kneading until oil is fully incorporated.
- Let the dough rise: spread a thin layer of olive oil in a large bowl and place dough inside. Cover with a wet tea towel. Let dough rise at room temperature for 4-6 hours.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, divide the dough into equal-sized balls and stretch it out on a well-oiled baking tray.
- Top base with your preferred toppings (the more toppings, the less crispy the base will be)
- Let pizza rest in a warm place while you heat your oven up to the highest temperature (for us it's 550F)
- Place pizza in the oven on the top shelf for 15 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through.
- Pizza is cooked when the crust is golden (check sides and bottom) and cheese is slightly charred.
Leave a comment