What is one thing we're thankful for? Brussel Sprouts!
No, not the mushy boiled sprouts of our youth, but the crispy, earthy, perfect with smoky and sweet morsels bursting with nutritious benefits.
This is one of our favourite dishes to serve as a side (or keep as a main all to yourself, we will not judge.)
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, halved
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried currants or cranberries (chopped)
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
- salt & pepper
- Heat oven to 350
- Toss pumpkin seeds in a little evoo, salt and pepper and place on a sheet pan in a single layer; bake for 6-8 minutes, tossing halfway.
- When pumpkin seeds are done, increase oven to 500 and place a second sheet pan in oven.
- Toss halved brussels in evoo; season with salt and pepper.
- When oven reaches 500 degrees, remove sheet pan and place brussels on it-they should start to sizzle immediately.
- Cook brussels 8-10 minutes, turning them halfway.
- Remove brussels from oven and place in a dish.
- Toss brussels with bacon, pumpkin seeds and dried fruit.
- Seasoned as desired with salt and pepper.
- optional: garnish with shaved parmesan.
- Drizzle with UMAMI.
Serves 4 as a side dish.
Recipe Cred: UMAMI