West Coast Tuna Poke Salad Bowls
Tuna Poke love is real, and we think it's here to stay. What's not to love about a dish that is fresh, nourishing, and bursting with flavour? BCLocalRoot.ca has come up with our own twist, a Tuna Poke Salad Bowl that can be easily assembled at home. We have used local ingredients as much as possible to provide inspiration that not only delights the palate, but supports the BC economy. We encourage you to play around with ingredients as you see fit, and hope that our recipe inspires you to get creative while you enjoy local BC food!
- Handful Bio Fermentation Pickled Carrots
- Mitch's Catch Tuna Poke
- Mitch's Catch The Marinade
- Grain base such as Left Coast Naturals Organic Quinoa
- Hearty greens such as kale, spinach, arugula etc.
- Sky Harvest Organic Wicked Weekly Special Microgreens
- 1/4-1/2 thinly sliced avocado
- Edamame Beans
- Shredded cabbage
- Sesame Seeds
- Green Onion
- Cubed Mango
- Sriracha Revolver's Avocado Ginger or Clean Mango Sriracha Sauce
- Pickled Ginger
Important Prep Note: Remove Mitch’s Catch Tuna Poke pack from your freezer, take it out of the sealed packaging & place it in your fridge the night before you want to enjoy it (morning of works too!). Grains can be cooked ahead of time and kept in the fridge to save time as well.
- Mix 2-4 Tablespoons The Marinade with thawed Tuna Poke and set aside.
- Measure 1/2 a cup of chosen grain, pack into a small bowl and quickly flip over onto centre of serving bowl for extra style points.
- Wash and toss desired amount of hearty greens and micro greens together and add to dish.
- Arrange a handful of edamame, pickled carrots, shredded cabbage, avocado, and 1/2 cup or more of the marinated tuna on top of bed of greens. Also add any of the optional ingredients.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, nori, and extra hot sauce until content.
- Dig in!
Leave a comment