When we think of summer, we almost always think of food! Most of our great memories or favourite summer activities involve some kind of BBQ, campfire meal, or picnic.
So, we thought we'd let you in on a little secret- our no fuss Roasted Potato Salad that is sure to get you invited back time and time again. One of the best aspects of this recipe is that it can be served warm or cool, and ingredients can easily be swapped to fit any dietary needs or preferences. We opted for local nugget potatoes in our rendition, though anything you have on hand will work. Switching out the sour cream for a dairy free yogurt is an easy way to cater to all guests.
We hope you enjoy putting this recipe together, and if you find yourself being volunteered to bring this delightful side to every gathering, well, we warned you.
- 2 lbs Local BC Potatoes
- 2 TBSP Dundarave Olive oil
- Handful Fresh Dill
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3.5 TBSP Mayonnaise (optional)
- 2 cups Sour Cream or Plain Greek yogurt
- 3 TSP Biota Fermentation Charcuterie Mustard
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Bacon chopped into bits
- 1 can of corn or 1 cup of fresh corn
- Handful fresh green onions chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Halve baby potatoes, or chop large potatoes into bite sized pieces. Toss with olive oil, bacon bits, and garlic until evenly distributed. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet or cast iron pan.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the preheated oven, checking in about every 5 minutes to prevent sticking and burning, for about 40 minutes, or until potatoes start to brown and become tender.
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream (or alternative), fresh dill, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and mustard in a medium sized mixing bowl. Leave in the fridge until potatoes are finished.
- Once potatoes are cooked, toss with dressing, add corn if desired, and ensure the mix is salted and seasoned to your liking. Garnish with additional fresh dill or green onion for added flavour.