No tricks, only perfectly seasonal breakfast treats here!
These decadent and nutritious pancakes are easy to whip up, freeze and reheat well, and are a great way to use up some local seasonal ingredients.
- ¾ cup Whole Wheat flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats (blended if desire smoother texture)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree, we recommend fresh local pumpkins for this
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk the following ingredients together in a medium sized bowl: flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, add milk, pumpkin puree, egg, honey/syrup, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Whisk together. Add the wet ingredients and continue to mix until combined.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Use cooking oil or spray if needed. Pour ⅓ cup of batter into the pan. Once bubbles begin to form, about 2 minutes, flip. Continue cooking, about another 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Continue until you are through your batter. Leftovers can be sorted in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or freezer for up to 3 months.
- Garnish to your heart's content! Frozen BC berries with whipped cream or yogurt add a nice sweetness, cinnamon honey or almond latte almond butter add a great seasonal flair. See, no tricks about it, now enjoy your hearty breakfast treat!