Bourbon Sours have long been a favourite of our team, so when we were looking at inspiration for our next Rooted Recipe Cocktail, we naturally gravitated here. When we thought of pairing it with a punch of local orchard fresh fruit, and the probiotic power of Squamish Water Kefir's take on the Arnold Palmer, we felt we had found our new favourite spring sipper. We hope you enjoy, and know that it tastes great without the bourbon as a mocktail.
- 1 oz Bourbon such as Okanagan Spirits BRBN
- .5 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Brewed or prepackaged Peach tea (preferably black tea)
- Squamish Water Kefir The Palmer
- 1 egg white
- .25 oz Sweetener such as Local Honey or simple syrup if desired
- Thinly sliced orchard fruit to garnish
- If brewing tea, do this ahead of time so it has ample time to chill in fridge or freezer.
- Select glassware. A coupe works perfectly, can also be served in a rocks glass over ice.
- Measure Bourbon, lemon juice, and egg whites into shaker glass. Top with ice.
- Shake until egg whites become foamy.
- Strain into serving glass.
- Top with equal parts Peach tea and Water Kefir.
- Garnish as you wish, and enjoy!