We're NEVER too old for Sugar Cookies.
There is something so special about baking Christmas treats together, truly a tradition that holds a special place in our hearts!
Our Local Sugar cookie recipe is made with Cloud 9 Gluten-free flour, so everyone can partake at your Holiday gathering. You can also swap in Anita's all-purpose flour if you prefer a regular flour option. We hope you get to enjoy some time playing around in the kitchen with some great local treats this season!
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water, milk, or milk alternative
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (if desired)
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (if desired)
- 2 cups Cloud 9 Gluten-free all-purpose Baking mix, plus more for rolling/dusting
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter
- Add the egg, water, vanilla, salt, and spices if desired. Blend until mixed.
- Add flour and mix at low speed until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lining your baking sheet with parchment paper makes for a quick clean up.
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface, about ¼-inch thick.
- Cut out the dough with selected cookie cutters, and place the cookies on the baking sheet. Make sure the cookies are not touching.
- Keep re-working scrap dough and roll out to make more cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing them to a cooling rack. Allow to cool before decorating.
- Enjoy your beautiful creations!