This may be the greatest simple dessert to have in your arsenal, perfectly crisp, uniquely flavoured, and easy to whip up on a whim.
- 8 Lita's Mexican Foods Organic Flour Tortillas
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2-3 TBSP ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt (optional)
- ½ tsp ground vanilla (optional)
- Grapeseed oil
- Heat oil on medium high heat. Test that it is hot by adding a tiny piece of tortilla to the oil, if it bubbles around it a lot, it’s ready.
- Carefully add tortillas to the oil, one at a time, separating them with space as they fry.
- They should immediately puff up and begin to get golden on the underside, flip with tongs and brown the other side until golden. It should only take about 20-30 seconds to fry them up.
- Remove all from oil and place in large bowl with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Be careful not to break them while tossing them inside the mixture until they are all coated. Remove from mix and store in a container. Repeat until all tortillas are cooked, adding more cinnamon sugar mix to bowl if needed.
- Enjoy with ice cream or straight up on their own!
Recipe credit: Lita's Mexican Foods
Leave a comment