Recipe from The Spruce Eats
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup lard or butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 mini jars of Le Meadow's Pantry raspberry rose jam
- Garnish: confectioner's sugar
- Gather the ingredients. Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until light and foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Melt the lard or butter and let cool slightly. When cooled to room temperature, add it slowly to the egg-sugar mixture with the vanilla, mixing constantly.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder; slowly add it to the egg mixture to create a firm dough.
- Roll out the dough to 1/8-inch thick on parchment-lined baking pans and cut with a round cutter.
- Cut out a hole in the center of half of the cookies and remove scraps.
- Bake about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Re-roll scraps and repeat.
- Sprinkle the cookies with holes with confectioner's sugar. Spread cookies without holes with a jam of choice. Press together jam-filled cookies with holed-cookies to form a sandwich.
- Serve & ENJOY!